Prof. Dr. N. Panchanatham
Experience: Prof. Dr. N. Panchanatham has an experience of 30 years in
teaching, academic, research and extension activities. He also has 02 years
full time & 08 years part time (earn while learn) industrial experience.
Overseas Visits: He has made 55 international visits covering 36 countries
for academic, teaching, research and training activities. He has visited 500
educational institutions in India and abroad for academic purpose.
U.S.A. (Twice), Russia (Twice), U.K. (Thrice), Sweden, France (Twice),
China, Singapore (Thrice), Hong Kong, Thailand (4 times), Malaysia
(Twice), Nepal (Thrice), Israel, Mauritius, Cambodia, Vietnam(Twice),
Cyprus, UAE, South Africa, Sri Lanka (Thrice), Italy, Indonesia (4 times),
Cameroon, Switzerland, Vatican, Austria, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Bosnia
& Herzegovina, Lithuania, Latvia, Belgium, Slovakia, Netherlands, Germany,
Philippines and Georgia.
Research: He is the recipient of the first Doctoral Degree in the Department
of Business Administration, Annamalai University. He has a series of
publications in national and international journals. He has authored and
edited many books. His research guidance includes 40 Ph.D. scholars for
their Doctoral Degree, 23 M.Phil. scholars and 200 M.B.A., candidates. He
has adjudicated Doctoral theses both from Indian Universities and Foreign
Universities namely Multi Media University, Malaysia, University of
Nottingham, Malaysia Campus, University of the Witwatersrand, South
Africa, Jaffna University, Sri Lanka, Tribuvan University, Nepal etc.
Grant: He has mobilised research, training and consultancy grant to the
tune of 325 lakhs. He was a team member in mobilizing 20 Crores through
Awards: He has received 41 prestigious National and International awards
Educational Qualifications: M.B.A., Ph.D.., M.Sc. (Zoology), M.Ed., M.A.
(Psychology), M.Sc. (Yoga).
LEAP (IIT-KGP & Cambridge, UK) MICI (USA), SME R&D (ISRAEL), LMI
(Hungary), MAFS (Netherlands).
Administrative Positions Held-Holding Track Record:
- Registrar of 90 year old Annamalai University (2013-15) with 40,000
students and 12,500 employees. Played a key role and earned
A Grade from NAAC.
- Prof & Head, Dept of Business Administration, AU (2003-13)
- Chairman & Member, Board of Studies, various institutions (Since
- Coordinator , UGC -SAP, DBA, Annamalai University
- Member Secretary, Syndicate, Annamalai University (2013-15)
- Member, Senate, Annamalai University (2003-13)
- Member, Academic Council, various institutions (Since 1998)
- Member, Faculty Council, various institutions (Since 2003)
- Member, Governing Council, various institutions (Since 2003)
- Chairperson, Member Coordinator and Member of Expert Committees
of NAAC, AICTE, NBA, UPSC, Universities, Colleges etc. (Since 2003).
- Margadarshak- AICTE-MHRD for quality improvement activities
- Visiting Fellow of Group Study Exchange Programme -visited USA and
delivered a series of invited lectures
- Visiting Professor (Cultural Exchange), University of Cyprus, Europe
- Visiting Professor, Build Bright University, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Visiting Professor, Vilnius University, Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe.
- Visiting Professor, Iligan Institute of Technology, Mindanova State
- Visiting Professor, Southern Federal University, Rostov on Don,
- Visiting Professor, University of Brawijaya, Indonesia
- Visiting Professor, Eastern University, Sri Lanka
- Visiting Professor, Bogor Agricultural University, Indonesia
- Visiting Faculty (Training), NLC India Ltd, Navaratna, A Government
of India Enterprise, Formerly Neyveli Lignite Corporation, TN
- Extraordinary Professor in the School of Economic Sciences at the
Vaal Triangle Campus of the North-West University, South Africa,
- Chief Co-ordinator, Prime Minister Rozgar Yojana, Training
Programmes for 10 years.
- Nodal officer, Annamalai University-All India Survey for Higher
Education, MHRD, 2009-11.
- Member, Editorial Boards and Reviewer of various Journals in
Management and Commerce
- Placement Officer, Faculty of Arts, Annamalai University - for 10
- Deputy Warden, University Men's Hostel for 04 years
- Professor in Charge of Students' Welfare cell, 40, 000 Students,
- Business Manager, Cooperative Society, Govt of Pondicherry,
- President, Rotary Club of Chidambaram Mid-Town (2005-06)
- Assistant Governor, Rotary International (2011-12).
- Organized 400 academic and research programmes viz., Conferences,
Seminars, Workshops, FDPs, SDPs etc. as the Head of the
Department. (Team Work)
- Organized and co-organized 200 academic, research, extension
activities/programmes as Registrar of Annamalai University. (Team
- Organized, co-organized more than 1000 Charity programmes/
activities viz., meetings, trainings, conferences, seminars, projects etc.
- Member of many functional committees of Universities.