The various objectives of the University are
- To provide high quality education, monitor Teacher Education as approved by National Council for Teacher Education at all levels in the State.
- To develop research facilities in Teacher Education.
- To find out ways and means to identify innovative courses in Teacher Education.
- To institute degrees and other academic distinction in Teacher Education approved by NCTE.
- To confer degrees and other academic distinction on persons who have carried out research in University or in any other centre or institutions recognized by the University under conditions prescribed for Teacher Education.
- To confer honorary degrees in teacher education in the prescribed manner and under conditions prescribed.
- To conduct and organize seminars, workshops and symposia in promoting Teacher Education with a view to offering programs in the latest field and to develop the extension activities.
- To promote quality in Teacher Education and to standardize the system of operation.
- To promote an awareness and understanding of the social needs of the country in the students and teachers and prepare them for fulfilling such needs.